South Africa pull off heist to win T20 series

Presentations:
Brendon McCullum: "South Africa put us under pressure and to their credit, they held their nerve. We just weren't good enough at the end there, we faltered. The bowlers bounced back after an off-game last time out and most of our batting was pretty good. The last four or five overs, we didn't get enough singles and it wasn't our smartest finish to the game. Disappointing to not be able to give the folk of Canterbury the tribute we wanted to. I thought Jesse was outstanding for the majority of the innings, they slowed the pace to him in the last few overs and on his day he would normally finish that off."
AB de Villiers: "Amazing team effort, really proud of the men, we hung on at the end there. Really tough batting first and assessing what was a good total, we lost momentum in the middle overs, unfortunately we had a slow start with ball in hand but I told the guys to hang in there. I truly believe Marchant has got it, he has big match temperament, I think the whole team has that and we managed to get a few wickets to turn things around. We do feel very good about the win, but we want to play a certain standard of cricket and we still need to do that more consistently."

Johan Botha is the Man of the Match: "It was a bit short straight but I thought I was in with a chance, if you can hit a good length you're in with a chance as guys just look to hit straight. These small boundaries are very interesting, good balls do go for six in New Zealand but you just have to hope you can get it right."
Michael Cabral sums up the South African feedbacks flying in (apart from the C word, of course): "Great coverage! Sitting in the office screaming at my computer hasn't left me in good standing with the boss, though! Thought SA had duffed it with the no-ball in the the dying seconds of the game, but can't believe NZ let us come back like that. It seems the pressure is getting to them..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment